Friday, June 11, 2010

Bad idea of the day:

If you are looking for a blog that is full of good ideas, sorry, this is not it. I woke up this morning and my handsome husband asked me why my pants were on inside out and my shirt was not only inside out but also backward. My only good response was that I got dressed for bed in the dark. Forget taking the time to sneak into the bathroom and turn the light on to make sure my clothes were on right, I just threw them on and went to bed. I was up until 1 am hanging out with my Grandma, (yes, she is 80 years old and one of the coolest chicks out there) and my cousin who has lived far away for several years. We talked about everything from my Grandma being a breast cancer survivor to animal rights to donkeys to sewing. I will have to chalk that one up as a pretty special night. ANYWAY, back to the clothes....it all reminded me of a story......(can you hear the chiming music as we go back in time?.......)

When I was in nursing school my last semester I did an internship of sorts. The nurse I was paired with worked from 3 AM to 3 PM. Really? I couldnt just find a nurse with normal hours? He was also male, and very polite. My very first shift I set my alarm for 2 AM, it really felt creepy waking up and driving around town that time of night/morning. I was married at the time so I didnt turn the light on to get dressed. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. I got there and worked from 3-7, changing beds, checking monitors, and learning about the patients. Around 7:30 one of the ladies there needed a new IV. I went into her room and with the help of my male nurse started an IV on her. She had a room full of family, and anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a crowd....(or was it attention?)....I was more than friendly to her family and walked out of that room feeling like I had found my calling in life. I headed off the to bathroom (#1 of course, you sickos) and while I was washing my hands caught a glimpse of my outfit. My shirt was inside out and yes, backwards. So, right under my chin, for the whole world to see, was a huge stiff tag, sticking straight out. Might as well have been a huge sign shouting "Yes people! I am an idiot!" No wonder the family was smiling to big while I talked to them, I thought I was charming but instead I was a joke! I walked out of the bathroom and told my nurse that even though he was super nice he could have at least told me my tag was sticking out of the FRONT! I did actually graduate for those of you who are wondering, and yes, I try to dress in the light as much as possible. So, bad idea of the day: Dress in the dark.

5 comments:

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

That's hilarious! I laughed so hard reading this! Good times in nursing school!

Bergeson Family said...

Too FUNNY!! Just makes me love ya more!!

EMILY said...

LOL! You never cease to amaze me, Cokin! Love it!

crazycranefamily said...

My friend once had her maternity pants on backwards. Yep, the big pooch pocket was hanging off her butt. Her husband didn't tell her all day long. You aren't alone :)

Kateka said...

What's amazing is the day you posted this, I woke up to my shirt being inside out and backwards. We are connected. :)