Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lainey Bug Turns 3!!!

Lainey and her Great-Grandma Ruby share a birthday, so its always fun to get the two together for a picture. We were able to go to Logan on her birthday and spend it with the Smiths. She always has a blast up there with all her cousins.



We also had a birthday party for Lainey. It was her first real party and it was so much fun.


In honor of her nickname we had a bug party. Everything went perfectly. The kids made their own set of binoculars and then went on a bug hunt in the yard to collect fake bugs I planted all over the yard. They put their bugs in their bug viewers I found at the dollar store (awesome find---they came with a net, and tweezers). After that we read "Desmond and the Naughty Bugs" and finished it off with cupcakes and ice cream. I sent all the kids home with a bag full of gummy worms to go along with the "creepy crawly" theme. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed planning it. I was so happy how everything turned out. Lainey was very polite when she
opened her presents. I dont have many parenting tips, but here is one: Practice gratitude with your kids. I cant remember where I heard it, but the expert said to practice opening presents with your kids, and when they are just as excited to receive a potato as they were to receive a robot then you know they are ready. I was really worried about how Lainey would act, and wanted her to be grateful for each and every present, because as we all know, its not the present that matters, its the fact that someone loves you enough to think of you. Anyway, she did great and it was a fun thing to teach her. Here are
some pics of the big event.

No comments: