We just got back from SUNNY St. George, where TJ and my little bro ran in the half marathon. My Dad and bro-in-law ran the 5K, too. It was so AWESOME! When I arrived at the race finish line I had to choke back tears several times, and that was all
before I saw TJ. There is just something you can feel, the energy of all the people, the loud & pumped up music, everyone cheering on complete strangers, and all those people finishing who have accomplished SO much. It really was incredible. TJ beat his goal time by 7 minutes so he was pretty happy with himself. I am so proud of him, he goes out running in below freezing weather, snow and all, early in the morning or late at night to train. He is so busy with life and all it brings, and he still finds time to push himself to accomplish a goal. Way to go babe! Here are some pics.
 |
| Dad and BIL after the race. My dad won that hat! |
 |
| He was sprinting right before the finish line. Check out that concentration! |
 |
| Father & Son. (I made him put on the medal). |
 |
| Right after 13.1. Way to go! |
Oh yeah, funny story: Newel & TJ were running along about mile 5 and a girl my brother has always been sweet on went running by. They tried to catch up to her, but she was going pretty fast. Finally TJ told Newel that he cant let her beat him, so Newel took off and finished a few minutes ahead of TJ, and that girl! Its amazing what influence women can be, eh? ha hahhahah
8 comments:
You are right, the attitude and presence at races are AMAZING!! It was probably the only thing that got me through when I did mine ions ago (remember you helping me get up into bed??). Too bad I didn't have a hot guy to chase after like New-new! Congratulations TJ, Bob, Jeff, and Newel!
Yeah!!! I'm so proud. Glad you guys had a good time. Love you.
Way to go TJ!
Woohoo TJ!!
Good job! That's a great accomplishment! Especially since most of the training is in the cold winter!
Have you ever ran one before? If not, just wait till you run it and cross the finish line. Let's just say there is nothing better! I love race days!! I heard that race in St. George is a fun one. I will have to put it on my schedule for next year! Tell your hubby to run the Snow Canyon half...it is by far the very best one!! :)
TJ IS RAD and skinny. If he were a girl I would hate him. Ha.
I am not telling Jeff you posted his pic, he will be mad! Hahaha!
Post a Comment