Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Complementing 1010

I have learned there are some definite do's and dont's to complementing others. If you are going to give someone a complement, don't stop short of a home run, just GO ALL THE WAY ! Last spring I was particularly grateful for my husband and all the things that he does for me. I looked him in the eyes with total sincerity and said, "Hon, seriously, out of a million husbands you are probably #2."  After I said it I was feeling pretty great about paying him such a great complement, when he looked at me and said, "Is there someone in particular who is #1, or are you saying that I am almost the best, but not quite?" OOPS! I didn't see that one coming! Am I an idiot? Did I just tell my husband that he is great, but not that great? or was my complement truly sincere because I was totally honest in saying that there is probably only 1 guy out there who is a better husband than TJ out of 1,000,000? Take it any way you like, but I think being 2nd out of a million is pretty phenomenal.

5 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Courtney you are awesome!

Stacy said...

We're so lucky to find husbands #1 and 2 in the same family! Congrats to us!

Trisha said...

You make me laugh!

Tris said...

Courtney...out of all the sis in laws you are #2! Ha! Ha! Just givin' ya a taste of your own medicine! Luv ya! Btw-This is ONE of my many favorite stories! Tell the one about how you called and talked to my dad on the phone and said, "this is your worst nightmare!"

Christensen's said...

Okay you have Jed and me laughing out loud. At least you are honest.