
Happy Anniversary to us! It was 5 years ago yesterday that TJ and I were hitched. It poured down rain on our wedding day and I thought it was perfect that it poured down rain yesterday. They say if it rains on your wedding day it means good luck, here is what the all knowing Wikipedia says, "It's good luck! It comes from several cultures mainly from the Hindu with the idea that a wet knot is harder to untie. Since marriage is often referred to as tying the knot. Rain was also a symbol of fertility to agricultural societies, since rain restored and maintained the wellness of crops. Crops were peoples main source of stability and income so it was thought to guarantee a long happy marriage!" Well, I have to agree with Wikipedia!
Here is a quick recap of the past five years:
one move, two car accidents, one trip to Indianapolis & Chicago, a couple trips to California, several to Vegas, two bachelors degrees, one masters degree, two kids, one student from India (Hi Urvi!), plenty of disagreements, river rafting, backpacking through the Narrows, Yellowstone, Jackson, two i-pods, 4 jobs, zero cavities, a few more pounds, 2 grandparents passing away, TJ going to Africa, plenty of friends old and new, great gifts, sometimes no gifts, lots of laughing and a myriad of kisses.
TJ still continues to amaze and impress me. I think I was one of the lucky ones because once we were married the more I got to know TJ he just got better and better. Its been a great five years and I cant wait to see what happens in the five years to come!
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats to an amazing couple!!!
So fun! Happy Anniversary, you are such a fun couple! I am so glad Bry and I got to know you both and can call you friends.
Loves
kasey
I am so glad you two got hitched! Now we can look back at that awkward laundry moment (when it was ALMOST the end of you two and I was skuttling around the room trying to grab everything) and laugh instead of being like, "remember how you broke up with your SOUL MATE?" Phew. Like I said, so glad you got back together and got hitched!
So glad you're part of our family. You two are pretty dang cute. Love you guys. Happy 5th Anniversary.
You guys are amazing!
You guys have had a busy 5 years!!! Happy Anniversary!
Congrats! It flies by doesn't it?!
Post a Comment