Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Had a bad day

Well, Lainey and I had a really fun day planned and it all was foiled. We were going to go swimming in Park City and on our way we were rear ended on Foothill drive. Poor Lainey bug had fallen asleep and we were stopped at the light when a kid from behind rammed into our car, and pushed our car forward into another car. Yep, we were the Jelly in the sandwich. Lainey woke up screaming and it made me very anxious to think that she might be hurt. Thankfully, everyone was okay, but I know my car got the worst of it. And the worst part about it is we didnt go swimming and now we are bored! Oh well, gotta get in wrecks some time, right? Too bad it wasn't our Corolla, it needs a new paint job.

11 comments:

Tris said...

Yikes! That totally sucks! I'm glad you and Lainey bug were okay though. That's the most important thing. Why were you going swimming in Park City? Don't they have swimming pools closer to home?:)

Lindsey Jensen said...

Bummer! I'm glad you guys are all okay! Better luck next time you want to go swimming!

Trisha said...

Ouch! Sorry about that! Funny, our corolla needs a new paint job too...maybe that's what I should do...pay someone to rear end us ;)

Kateka said...

Oh goodness! How scary that must have been. I would have FLIPPED OUT. I am glad everyone is okay. Will you have to get a new car? Remember on our long trips to and from Logan and the times I thought we'd almost get in wrecks and I would scream my head off, just cause you would tap the breaks? Good times.

kollers said...

Oh dear! I'm certainly glad you guys are alright. That just ruins any day. And no swimming.... that kid better hope we don't run into him again. Now that we are closer, we should all get together sometime. We would love to hang out with you guys! Glad you're both ok, sorry about your bad day.

Diana said...

I was sad to hear that you weren't able to make it swimming any longer! What a bummer. We missed you and the swimming pool missed you too!

Kirsha said...

that is so sad about not making your swimming date, but even more sad about your car. i guess it is just a car and everyone is ok, glad to hear that!!!

Christensen's said...

That is too bad. Did your insurance have to pay for the car in front of you? I hate it when I have luck like that, it shakes you up for the whole day. I am going to be planning a girls night soon so check your email.

Shelley said...

Dang it! That sucks! At least it wasn't a hit and run - we have had two people hit our nice car while parked, and not leave a note. Why are cars so dang expensive?!? Glad no one got hurt.

crazycranefamily said...

How sad! We got in an accident once and it made Gus' boots fly off!! sooo scary. I was looking at your friends on your blog list and Jamie and Chad Baxter are in my ward! What a small world.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everyone was okay, but I am sorry that it wasn't the Corolla. I know how that is, I am always secretly hoping that when someone is following too close to me when I am in my old Toyota that they will hit me so that I can get a new car. Oh well, you can always hope right? Lainey is getting so big and she is so stinking adorable, I hope that I get to see her and you soon!