Friday, June 6, 2008

A Tribute to Davis 302

So, the blog police called me yesterday, aka Janelle, (yes, she did pretend to be a blog police woman) and told me I was in trouble for not posting. So, sorry to all those I have disappointed. I ran across some pics from my freshman year of college and thought I should post them, but then I couldn't just pick a few....I even had a hard time just picking the ones I did because I wanted to post them all. So, here is a tribute to the FUNNEST, CRAZIEST year of my life! I am sure the Davis girls will enjoy this much more than the rest, so I dedicate this post to Roommates A, B C E & F. Love ya!

All six of us outside our beloved Davis Hall.



The boys. Well, some of them. Ashley had a few more.
I couldn't stop laughing at this one! Hot mama!

Janelle & Jonny....need I say more?

I have no idea where we got these dress ups....or how we got these boys to wear them, but it was fun!
Krista and I pushed out beds together, it was the best play place ever.
Spring break, Vegas, Drunk Elvis'......
At the end of the year Kakey was crowned Miss Herriman....what a beauty.

Krista left her bread in the toaster too long....it set the fire alarms off in the dorms. I was in the shower when we had to evacuate. So there we were, sitting outside in the snow, our entire dorm, and miss Krista happily jumped on the shuttle bus to school, missing the entire mess she created!
Yes, the only private place in the whole apartment was the pantry. If you need to talk on the phone, do homework, or get a snack, this was the place.

This was the night Jenn came and got mad at me and Krista for being noisy in the middle of the night. I copied the famous "What about Bob?" movie line by telling Jenn that we would give her some peace and quiet.....I would be quiet and Krista would be peace. Of course we just started laughing harder. We really shouldnt have been the middle room.

We went to Dale's house for conference weekend. We were all playing in the backyard and the boys were throwing around a football. Needless to say, Janelle wasn't looking and the football made some pretty serious contact with her head. She really was hurt. Oh so funny!

This evening started out with all of us in the shower together, fully clothed, and then ended up with us running around outside jumping in mud puddles and breaking nosie curfew. This dude wasn't with us...I think he just wanted to be in the picture. We got in trouble with the RA and had to do a presentation to the rest of the dorm on respect.

The End!



7 comments:

Janelle said...

I just read this post and laughed my head off. That was such a great year. I forgot about the puddle jumping night and the respect presentation. You left off my favorite story. Let me tell it....One night I was studying in the pantry (seriously the only quiet place) and Court and TJ were standing outside the pantry door talking mushy. They were flirting like mad. Court has skills. Anyway, they were about to have their first kiss and I couldn't keep quiet any longer so I tapped on the door. They both went silent and I opened the door. Court was so embarassed. It was hilarious. So I was kind of a part of their first kiss.

Tris said...

Oh the good old days before marriage and kids. They were fun times, but I would never go back.

I enjoyed your pictures and stories and the fact that you had updated your blog. I actually was expecting pictures of your Vegas trip though. But hey, I'll take what I get and I'm certainly not obeying the law when it comes to updating blogs on a regular basis.

I also enjoyed your friend Janelle's story about yours and T.J.'s first kiss. It amazes me how much I still don't know about you. I love ya and I'm glad I have many years to find out.

Kateka said...

That was probably the funnest year of my life. My biggest regret was going home pretty much every weekend. I was telling Stu the other day that if gas prices were what they are now then I would have never gone home. I wish I could have been there for every stinking memory, but I will take what I can get! What a cute post girlie. I love to think back on those days. I still love our cheer we made (thanks to our dear ol' cheer coach, YOU), "D-A-V-I-S! Davis 302! Wooh!". And I remember the day I came home from school and you decided you were writing your Dear John and I was 100% sure it was an April Fool's joke. Oh gosh, and all the drives you and I made together, and you letting me read my SO BORING journal out loud to you on our drives. Seriously, those were some REALLY GOOD times. :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is the best post ever! I miss the days at Utah State!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh... I just had such a great laugh! What good times those were! And yes it is true that you a Krista should not have had the middle room... you two could get so loud! but it wouldn't have been the same without your loud voices to keep me up at night!
I have a great story I remembered... Remember when the RA caught a boy staying on the couch in our apartment? Remember how he had his friends pretend to be campus security and scare us all into thinking that we were getting kicked out? I think Krista got emotional and started crying. Funny now... but not so funny at the time!

Mama said...

sis, i never have heard any of those stories...SOOOOO funny...'I'll be Peace, you be Quiet' is the best,,,i am still laughing!

Diana said...

Courtney, (this is Diana, Krista's sister!) Only at USU do you have such great times. This made me think I needed to post something to all my Utah State...Snow Hall ladies of yes, 302! I really enjoyed the stories, especially about you and Krista..."Peace & Quiet. That was funny.