Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy YANNIVERSARY!


We celebrated our 6 year anniversary last month. Our anniversary started out looking pretty pathetic. I scheduled myself to work, and TJ had dinner plans with some friends. Neither of us realized it was our anniversary that day. I guess thats what happens when you have two kids and a regular life....its busy! Well, thanks to my better half we ended up having a great anniversary (the next day). He surprised me with a private ballroom dance lesson. I have been wanting to go dancing for SOOOO long, but TJ had no desire, and unfortunately it takes two to tango! (pun intended) So it was such a perfect gift. It was one of the best dates ever. We were able to flirt, laugh, and work together, which is exactly what parents need....some real time together! I think what made it even sweeter was that TJ was pretty uncomfortable, doing something he had no interest in, just to make me happy. What a great husband. Happy Anniversary! p.s. dont we look great in that picture?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

TJ, please talk to my husband. I've been trying to get him to do that for 5 years. And now your secret's out. Can't wait to make fun of you next weekend...sucker!

Stephanie said...

Way to go TJ! Very cool idea.

Kateka said...

HAHAHAHA. You two look SO amazing in that picture. Happy anniversary!

Christensen's said...

How fun! What a cute idea. Happy 6 years!

Courtney said...

My sister was concerned that I didnt know how to spell Anniversary. Melinda: I do know how. I just like to pronounce it Yanniversary...so thats how I spelled it.