Sunday, May 8, 2011

Race for the Cure

My Grandma Gai is a breast cancer SURVIVOR.  To honor her and support the Susan G. Komen foundation my cousin and I put together a team.  I LOVED some of the team names, a few I can remember are Becky's Rack Pack, Save 2nd base, War Against My Rack.  One little girl was wearing a shirt that read, "cause someday I'll have boobies too", and a guys shirt said, "I'm just here for the boobs". It was definitely worth doing, and it was incredible to be a part of something so important. There were 20,000 people who registered, and so many people there were very inspiring. It was a really special moment to begin the race holding my Grandmas hand. She is such a big part of my life and since I was able to live with her for 5 years I have grown so close to her. She is a shining example of how to live a life full of happiness, gratitude, and love. The world could use a few more Grandma Gais.




4 comments:

Tris said...

That's so awesome you were able to do that! You're a good grandaughter!

EMILY said...

I love this! So glad you guys were able to do it and that you had such a great experience. Grandma is so cute. I bet she misses her downstairs tenants. Love you.

Chelsea said...

Isnt it such a great experience?
Glad you got to be apart of it! So sad we didnt run into you among the other thousands of people ;)
I bet that was a neat experience having your grandma there with you.

Archer Fam said...

Love your cute blog!! Can't wait to get together and decorate your house!!

Cami