Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Memoriam



Randy Pausch was a truly inspring man, he passed away from pancreatic cancer on Friday. This is him with his family. He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University and lived his life to the fullest. He has taught me a lot. At the end of the school year Carnegie Mellon picks a favorite professor to give what they call "the last lecture" to close the school year. Randy gave this last lecture entitled "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" and posted it online for a few viewers who could not make it. This moving video was an instant internet success, and he later turned his lecture into a book. TJ just finished reading it. His lecture is about an hour long, but an hour well spent. God bless his family. The Last Lecture

6 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh my goodness. Tazia read this book and told me all about it. I cried with her just telling me about it. Geez! What a baby I am. He sounds like a truly inspirational man.

Krista said...

It's cute that you did a post about him. He is an inspiring man. My whole family watched the dateline about him which was about a year ago...it was right in the middle of my mom's chemo treatments, etc. He had a really great attitude and it really helped our family. I read his book while I was on our cruise and then I heard he died on Saturday (the day we got home). I was so sad I couldn't help a few tears for his poor little family. Well thanks for the post...how did your phone call go last night?

Courtney said...

My husband and I watch a little program about him on TV the other night! It was awesome-- so inspiration and beautiful! Thanks for the cute post. We totally want to watch the whole lecture!

The Fisher's said...

Yeah, we missed Fish Lake big time, it's the only time we get to see that family, but hopefully next year we can all make it! I just barely started using a scrapbook software b/c I got too overwhelmed doing it the old fashioned way, and this way there is no mess! I use Scrapbook Deluxe (or something like that) that I got at Target! You should give it a try, lots of fun :)

linzy said...

My dad sent me a YouTube video! AWESOME! How the heck are you guys?! Come see our blog!

Malarie and Jader said...

Hey Courtney, this is Malarie (Jeron's cousin) I found your blog through Kateka's. Your family is SO cute! I thought I'd say hi!