Wednesday, January 30, 2008

something beautiful



This is my amaryllis flower in full bloom. These suckers are amazing, seriously, you can watch it grow. The stem is 18 inches or more and I planted the bulb the beginning of this month. I love the red/pink color, its so nice to see something other than white snow. By the way, its snowing like crazy again today. Poor TJ's back. Anyway, thought you might like to see something beautiful today.

6 comments:

Kateka said...

Courtney, I love it! I can't believe that flower grew so quickly. Sheesh! That really is pretty. Its nice to see something so vibrant and happy, rather than the dreary snow.

Stephanie said...

i do think they are gorgeous! funny story...we had this awesome red one a few years back. it was planted in a pot and i took the pot off the kitchen table and set it on the floor so i could wipe the table off. it was just a few seconds and i turned around to pick it back up and lola had eaten it!! so no more beautiful red flower...just a very sick dog....

Mama said...

HI sister, come to Vegas, it's nice and chilly, but beautiful outside! Can't wait to see you! Plus when did you get a green thumb? Is it from living with g-ma?

The Bryger Family said...

What a beautiful flower! It made my day.

kasey

Jaci said...

Wow! can I grow one of my own? Please tell me how. I am needing something bright and beautiful in my life right now. Winter is a drag sometimes! ;)
It was sure fun to see you guys the other weekend!

Shannon said...

Courtney Cusick, i guess Smith. This is Shannon, Ya know your old buddy from back in the day. I somehow just came upon your blog and was soooo excited. Your little girl is soo cute. You guys look so happy. well hopefully we can stay in touch.
Shannon